Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 336


Peace. Love. Hockey.

Great words of wisdom.

Today, I was fortunate enough to meet one of the ladies in charge of Ice. A hockey magazine and clothing company tailored specifically for women. I have always been a major fan of "girl power." I believe it started when I was eight years-old and was in a Spice Girls phase (though they still rock!).

Being a female hockey player, companies think that all we want to wear is pink and baby blue. Which is absolutely false. I have never been one to sport a pink shirt, let alone a pink shirt with hockey sticks crossed on it. It was very refreshing to see the Ice booth at the rink with NO pink shirts to be found.

I talked with Yvonne for a few minutes and discovered that the company is a mother-daughter run. The mother is based out of Michigan and the daughter, Charli, is in Florida. They also have an online magazine in addition to their variety of clothing items and accessories. Yvonne gave me a few bracelets so, I decided to grab a few pucks and create my photograph for today. I am happy with the way it turned out. I will admit, that I am not the best at organizing items for product photography. Maybe this one turned out nice since it involved the two things I am passionate about, hockey and photography.

Whether you are a hockey fan or not, check out Ice. They have great stuff.

Kimmik 

No comments:

Post a Comment