Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 282





Okay, so today's weather was not the greatest. The clouded skies decided to turn light grey, though it looked like the sun wanted to shine. It was not too windy, but windy enough to make anyone want to stay inside.

After my morning class, I went to the zoo again. Not having the slightest urge to walk around in cold, windy weather, I decided to go to the Butterfly House. It is always warm in there and it is close to the zoo's entrance.



My glasses fogged up as soon as I went through the double glass doors. Butterflies flew gracefully around me as I wiped off my glasses. Since my vision without them is terrible, I could only see streaks of color moving around. After thinking to myself that I probably should have wore my contacts, I embraced the warmth and colors of the Butterfly House.


Butterflies can be difficult to capture. A Roman philosopher once said, "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." And though I was prepared for the opportunity to photograph some butterflies, I really just think I got lucky after looking at some of my shots.


I enjoyed spending some time in the Butterfly House and since it was mid-day, there were not a lot of people nor kids running around. That was nice.

Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment