Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 299



Reading is sexy.

Reading is comforting.


Reading is comfortably sexy. Does that even make sense? No, I do not believe so. Anyway...regardless of its sexiness, reading has always been a source of inspiration for me. Ever since I was a kid, (who am I kidding? I'm still a kid inside), I would read to escape the world around me. Fast forward to a couple decades ahead to today, it is no different.

Lately, my nose has been inside chemistry, anatomy and physiology books. While I find them vastly fascinating, I felt like something was missing. Then I realized it, I was not reading a novel. I was so focused on my studies, I did not make time to read. How silly of me. I am almost always reading a novel.

To change my current literary situation, I am reading "The Hunger Games" for the first time. I am almost through the book. It is a fairly easy read and I like it, though I can say that it is not my favorite novel. It is interesting and I enjoy Ms. Suzanne Collins' ideas. When I am not bombarded by study materials, I would like to re-read the book after I finish it. I will most likely do that, research and analyze the book further. The main focus in the novel is Katniss, a curious character to live through. She is a tenacious and courageous heroine who constantly works to find a solution.

I have a friend, Cheryl, you may remember her as the one who was part of Team In Training and raised $2,250.00 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. She is tenacious and courageous as well. So much so, that she departs on Monday for Mississippi to train for her newest adventure: AmeriCorps. One of the most selfless people I know, she will be helping several non-profit organizations to help those in need. I am ecstatic that she will be writing a blog about her adventures and updating it each week. I cannot wait for those updates, I know they will be brillant, as she is.

I met with Cheryl earlier today to chit-chat and say, "goodbye." Though, it is never really "goodbye" between great friends. She reminded me that I have not written much on my photography project lately, so I have decided to sit down and write something today.

Though I did not get as much studying done as I wanted to today, I had a great day, spending time with two great friends, Cheryl as well as my friend Ketrin. I cannot believe how lucky I am to have such great people in my life who I am able to call my "friends."

Good luck Cheryl, I will be here, giving you a standing ovation and rooting for you all the way. Go change the world. Go make the world a better place. I know you will.

Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment