Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 86


"Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts, teach us something please"

Charlie and I have been discussing a lot of Harry Potter related topics recently. Probably due to the fact that we watched most of the movies together. He wants to be sure he knows everything about Harry Potter before seeing Deathly Hallows pt. 2 in the theater. My little eight year-old friend says he thinks it is better if we watch the movies together so he can ask me questions. And let me tell you, this kid asks a lot of questions.

One time during a movie, he asked me if it was okay to ask so many questions and if I was annoyed. I told him that the only way to learn is to ask. I was worried because I did not want to seem as if I was annoyed with him; I did not feel that way. Charlie told me that I did not sound annoyed, but he just wanted to make sure he was not bothering me. Such a thoughtful kid.

After watching The Half-Blood Prince today, Charlie went straight up to the craft drawer and started folding a white sheet of paper. He spent some time with a red Sharpie and a black pen. After creating his masterpiece, Charlie came running back to show me his "letter from Hogwarts." I thought it was the coolest thing! He is such a creative kid and I am very glad he is enjoying the Harry Potter movies so much. I hope I can get him to read them as well. That way, he can come up with his own theories about the books, instead of asking me all the time. 

I am interested in Charlie's theories, I bet he would come up with some really great ones.

Kimmik

1 comment: