Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 87


Old school close up.


Last month, I added another vintage camera to my collection. A Nikon F2 SLR MD-2 Motor Drive MB-1 DP. The guy I bought it from was really nice and said he would give it to me for $25. I was bummed when I realized that I only had $20 in my pocket. But he took it and I was the new owner of another Nikon. 


On my drive home, I was perfectly happy knowing that my collection of vintage cameras is growing. (I am up to two cameras, my first being a Kodak Brownie) When I got home, I cleaned off the dust that had collected on the camera and started to look at it closer. My research on the Internet started. Then I found a similar camera on eBay and its current bid was $800. I intensely stared at the item's description and picture. I compared it to my newly purchased camera and it was the same. I could not believe the bargain I received. I felt a bad for the guy I bought the camera from because he obviously did not know how much the camera was worth. Nor, did I. 


I am not planning on selling the camera, though it would pay for a semester's worth of books at my college. I like having it on my bookshelf, keeping my Brownie company. Because who knows, maybe in ten years, its value could double.


More on the F2 in tomorrow's post.


On a separate note: my blog has over 3,000 views!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love reading the stats and seeing where the views are coming from. This week, I have audiences in Malaysia, Sri Lanka, the UK, the Netherlands, Columbia, France, Croatia and more. That is so great because I do not know anyone living in those countries. I have a lot of friends all over the world and when I have views from Canada, the US, Brazil, Australia, and Germany, I take a guess that those are my friends who are looking at my project. But whether it is my friends, or a complete stranger who is looking at this, I greatly appreciate it all the same. The only thing I ask is that with over 3,000 views, where are all the comments? Please feel free to leave a comment, critique or constructive criticism in the little box below =)

No comments:

Post a Comment