Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 201


If I had to pick a favorite animal, a snake would definitely not be it.

If I had to pick a favorite photograph that I took today, this would definitely be it.

I went to the zoo with my friend Lorna and it was fantastic. The weather was chilly enough to discourage people from spending the day at the Detroit Zoo, which did not stop us. It was great actually because it felt as if we were the only people there with the animals. It gave us extra time to walk around and see everything, without the usual crowded mass of spectators. Extra time at the zoo allowed me to spend more time on each animal, work on some technical stuff and capture better photographs. Other than being a little cold, it was really great.

I was lucky enough to see this guy in the Holden Museum of Living Reptiles. After shuddering at the thought of getting close to the glass to take a photograph, I gathered up what courage I had and pressed the shutter-release button. Checking my camera screen to make sure the photograph turned out okay, I could not help but appreciate the beauty in the fierceness and intimidation that crossed his face. Because even though snakes are not my favorite animal, they are fascinating creature to watch and learn about. I guess that is what makes the Detroit Zoo one of my favorite places, each time I go there, I escape from my daily life and am able to discover something stunning and splendid. I love being a Detroit Zoo member.

Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment