Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 212


It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness. Eleanor Roosevelt


The power in my neighborhood went out today so I spent most of the day in candlelight. I was writing a research paper for one of my classes and I felt as if I lived in the time before electricity. Minus me typing on my computer. But other than that, I felt completely colonial. It made me realize how much I depend on technology and electricity. Without electricity, I was unable to go on the internet, which probably did me more good than bad. I ended up spending more time on my paper rather than procrastinating haha. Though it is getting a little chilly in my house, so I hope the power goes back on soon.


I was totally not prepared when the power went out earlier today. Since I am not a smoker, I scrambled around the house to find a lighter to light the candles. I did not have many candles and it made me wish I attended more Candle Lite parties, or take more trips to the dollar store.


Electricity or not, I am determined to finish this project up. 153 days to go.

Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment