Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 130


My little cowboy.


When Charlie is super-duper extra helpful and is on his best behavior (which he usually is), I like to plan a special themed day for him. Earlier in the week, seeing that I was a little bit overwhelmed, he asked what I needed help with. I told him that he did not need to help me, but I was very appreciative that he did. This is one of the times where Charlie did not listen. He proceeded to set the dinner table, clean up all the toys AND vacuum the dining room floor. What kid does that? An awesome one. Charlie is one of those kids that will continue to surprise you and leave you in awe each and every day. Such an amazing kid.

So as promised, today was Cowboy Day. I got Charlie a cowboy hat and he dressed up in a red plaid shirt and jeans. He also used a toy pistol and his bandana to go with his outfit. We went outside for a little bit and it was incredible to see him imagine himself in an old western-style duel. I searched theme song for The Good, Bad and the Ugly on my phone and played it during his duel. He loved it and thought it was the coolest thing. Of course, I snapped a few photographs during Cowboy Day and he was happy to model for me.
Having this project constantly on my mind for the past 130 days has been a lot of fun. I have received many compliments on my photos and I am happy to gain some more exposure with +4,000 views worldwide. THANK YOU!

I have lucky enough to have been featured on many websites including The Hoping 4 Hope Art ProjectThe Photography Daily and The Bloggers Daily, an online publications I highly suggest checking out and following them on Twitter.

Another website I was recently featured on is Molly Alone. The website of a fantastic artist and an inspiration. Even though I am not interested in fashion nor the Olsen twins (two of Molly's favorites), I am interesting in expanding my "artistic" horizons. It is because of Molly that to really appreciate many different art forms, gain new perspective and because of her, I started to paint, not well I might add. I will leave the painting up to her. Regardless of my ability to duplicate a Van Gough or Daudlin painting, I believe that it is important to seek out other artistic mediums to improve your own.


Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment