Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 146





This little guy was scared for his life today.

As I was in my house, I heard a loud commotion outside, followed by a very deep bark from Pongo. Pongo usually never barks like that, so I knew something had to be bothering him outside. Sure enough, he had this little squirrel trapped. The squirrel was clinging to the side of the house while Pongo was trying to jump at him. Luckily, the squirrel was out of Pongo's reach. I quickly ran inside and grabbed my camera to get a few shots of the squirrel. After a few shots, I felt bad for him and went inside the house with Pongo. The little guy got away unharmed. I know Pongo is a Labrador and they are ment to hunt, but I always feel bad when I see him chasing a rabbit or squirrel. I always root against Pongo during his pursuit of the other animals, often calling his name to distract him, giving his opponent an extra second to get away. Though I still love my puppy.

Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment