Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 144


Inspiration.

People say they draw inspiration from a lot of different places and people. I am easily inspired by a friend training to run a marathon to find the next cure, or a complete stranger who smiles at me while passing by on the street.
Inspiration can come from anywhere. Today, my photograph was indeed inspired by another's still life photograph featured to the right. As always, I was researching more techniques and information on photography, I came across this article about Still Life photography. One I have never attempted because I do not feel that I am artistic enough to do so. As I read further down the article, a black and white photograph (by Yassine Hakimiwith a coin caught my eye and was burned into my brain. The simple, yet effective photograph obviously made an impact on me. I was hoping to attempt to re-create the same in my photograph for today.

I remembered that I had a Zwei Deutsche Mark coin that I keep in my wallet along with my Australian Dollar coin. I decided to use the Mark and use one of my favorite chapters out of my Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone or should I say, Harry Potter und der Stein der Weise book. One of my favorite objects in the entire series is the Mirror of Erised which shows the viewer their reflection of what they desire most. I have always thought of what I would see when I looked into the mirror, but those thoughts change periodically. I would really like to see what my reflection would show.

Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment