Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 221


So playful.

I think it is incredible how Pongo can look so old (as in Day 216) and act so youthful a day later. It is a great reminder of no matter how old one gets, it is important to be young at heart.

Like today, I was driving around with my 10-year-old friend and she said that she did not believe in Santa Claus anymore. I told her that I still do and she looked at me as if I just told her that Justin Bieber lost his voice. She was surprised. I said, "Yes, I believe in Santa -- the Christmas Spirit he brings." Now, she may not have comprehended the way I phrased the sentence, but it is true. Santa plays a major role in Christmas Spirit; something everyone should have during the holidays. It is a time for happiness, family and love. A time to reflect and remember what is important. To me, staying young at heart is important and I know Santa and Pongo will help me do so.

Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment