Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 225


I do not think I can ever love Pongo enough.

Today, I went to the middle school where I help with the Photography Club. As per usual, I developed a "lesson plan" for the students and I must say, it was very successful. I put "lesson plans" in quotes because I am a student and for me to be lecturing students younger than me seems silly. Probably because I like to act young, but maybe that is why it is so much fun to hang out with these kids. And I really do enjoy every minute of it.

The reason why I believe today was very successful is because the kids' analysis and critiques of the photographs I showed them was incredible. I brought in a bunch of photographs I took that contained minor and major photographic flaws. 
After having two one-hour lessons previous to the one today, the students were able to identify several different rules and techniques, all while using proper photographic terms. I was very happy to see how far they have come in such a short amount of time. I am very proud of all of them, they are such great kids. I am thankful that they listen so well and are so open to having me help them with their photography. I absolutely cannot wait to hang out with them more and share one of my favorite hobbies with them.

Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment