Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 247





I am often asked if I am majoring in photography.

The answer is, "No, I am studying Physical Therapy."

I absolutely adore photography and everything about it, though I am not pursuing it as a career. I believe that I am a good photographer and probably could make it a full-time job, but I want to studying something medical. I enjoy helping others and as a doctor, I could help people with their rehabilitation and other medical needs.

Today, I was getting over my cold/flu thing I had going on. After getting my school books with my BFF Sarah, I had a sudden burst of energy. I knew I wouldn't last at the gym because of my cold/flu, so I decided to re-arrange my room and clean out some old paper work. I came across my yearbook from the first season I played hockey, I was in fourth grade and believe I was nine years-old. It said my favorite subject at the time was science. If you ask me today, 14 years later, my answer will still be the same. I have always enjoyed my science classes and learning how things work, not only while in the classroom, but outside as well. Therefore, it makes sense why I would be so drawn to Physical Therapy. I want to help people "work" again, help them get back to their previous and hopefully, a better physical state.

Monday, I start my winter semester. It is going to be a hard semester, but I know I can handle it. Most are science classes anyway.

This photograph comes from my Anatomy, Descriptive and Surgical book by Henry Gray, F.R.S. The book is from 1977 and is commonly known as Gray's Anatomy, no, not the television show. Though my anatomy book looks quite different than this one, it is interesting to browse through the pages and see the drawings. This book usually sits on the top of my bookshelf as more of an inspirational piece than a reference book.

Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment