Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 268



My conversation with the new photography student yesterday at the middle school:
Me: So you like photography? What do you like to take photos of?
Student: Honestly, bricks.

Me: Bricks?
Student: Yes, bricks.

As you can see, that was definitely not an answer I was expecting. Usually, I receive answers ranging from: people, animals, buildings, and the occasional "uhhh...I dunno, anything really." Bricks has never made that list.

After seeing a few photos that the student took of bricks, I understood. She liked the lines they created as well as the imperfection and uniqueness of bricks. She took photographs from several different angles. She said, "I like bricks because no one ever thinks to have them in a photograph." I started to think about them and I agreed with her. I have never had the urge to make a brick the subject of my photograph. As Barney Stinson would say, "Challenge accepted!"

My photo of today is probably not as cool as the student's, but I had fun using bricks as my main subject.

Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment