Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 266


Pongo's first get well card.

Pongo has been the main subject in a lot of my photographs. What can I say? He is my muse, my inspiration, my heartbeat and truly, my best friend. If you are asking yourself,"but how can a dog be all of those things?" then you have never owned a dog like mine. The first one I see in the morning, (usually growling to go outside), the last one I see before I go to sleep, and the one who I spend the most time with in between. He is the best.

Pongo had surgery on Wednesday and thankfully, everything went well. He completely tore his back right ACL and ruptured his back left ACL. Surgery is needed on both legs. I decided to get the right leg first, because it was worse and he barely put pressure on that leg. Pongo is in the recovery stage now, basically on bedrest except to eat and go outside. But during those times, he has to be carefully monitored so he does not tear open or injure his leg while it is healing. That can be tough, k
eeping him on a leash to go outside is not fun for either of us in the frigid Michigan weather. But for Pongo, I will do it. He is a three-year old lab who has the energy to power a small city. Luckily, the vet gave us some sedatives to keep him sleepy.

Charlie, my favorite little kid who I wrote about herehere and probably other posts as well, made Pongo a get well card. Such a thoughtful kid. Charlie called me the day after Pongo's surgery to ask how it went and how he was doing. He told me that he got Pongo a card and definitely had one of those AWWWWW heart breaking moments. I went to Charle's basketball game on Saturday and he played very well. After the game, he gave me the card signed by him and his family, (I love Katy's signature at the bottom) and a big hug. Saying he is a great kid is an understatement.

Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment