Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 313


Day 313! Detroit's area code.

It is only appropriate to celebrate the city's greatness with an awesome up and coming company called Urban Wave

Today, I had an all day long photoshoot for a great fitness training company,
LHOP. While I was exhausted from working from 7am-6:30pm, I met some pretty amazing and inspiring people. One of those people is Mason, she is referred to as "Tiki Paddle Master" on the Urban Wave website.

I have to be honest, today was the first time I have heard about the Urban Wave company, but I previously read an article in the "Detroit Free Press" about, my favorite hockey player, Nick Lidstrom, Chris Chelios and Kid Rock SUPing (stand-up paddle boarding) across the Detroit River. It looks like a great sport and hopefully I will get out and try it soon there soon.

So, Michiganders, if you find yourself bored this spring/summer and are in need of something new, fun and exciting to do, you now know who to call (no, not the GhostBusters). And if you try out Urban Wave, invite me along as well, I want to join in on the fun.

Kimmik

2 comments:

  1. Kimmik~! How awesome of you to post this and write such cool things :) We should talk not only about getting you on a board but also helping us take action shots of our clients. I will for sure be in touch-cheers, Mason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mason! I'd be honored to take some photos for you! Feel free to shoot me an email KimmikPhotography@gmail.com I love the photos on the Urban Wave website, they're great.

      I didn't realize that my friend Sarah plays on your team. I realized this after talking to Slayton later on in the day. Awesome!

      Delete