Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 315


50 days left of my project!

In preparation for tomorrow's lesson, I was thinking of ways to keep my photography students entertained. I want to teach the kids a little history about photography, but I do not want it to be boring. I think it is really interesting, but to a middle school-aged kids, probably not.

The first photograph in 1827, Eastman-Kodak, the Brownie camera, wet plates in 1851, dry plates in 1879 AND handheld cameras made that same years, vintage Nikon cameras, the first 35mm camera made in 1913, photographers like Cartier-Bresson (my favorite), Ansel Adams, Rosenthal. What is there not to love? All awesome subjects. I hope to make the kids see the same tomorrow. Hopefully, it will go well. I believe it will.

Today's photograph is another of my lovely puppy. I decided to shoot it in black and white, but add a little grain to it - as if it were one of those photographs produced in 1930's during Cartier-Bresson's era. By the look of Pongo's facial expression, I think he is getting a little annoyed with my taking his photograph. He is a goofy puppy.

It is through living that we discover ourselves, at the same time as we discover the world around us. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment