Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 316




I had a GREAT time teaching my photo kids today. They are absolutely amazing. I have probably said this before, but I am so lucky to be surrounded by awesome students who want to learn more about photography. Especially from me, but I am goofy, so that probably makes it fun.

Leading into a PowerPoint presentation I made over the weekend, I asked them if they could name one of my favorite things. Their responses were, "Harry Potter, hockey, Pongo, photography, coffee and LEGOs." All were correct haha! 

But the latter went with today's lesson. We did a little photo history, but in a fun way. The photograph for today was taken with me phone; a timeline a couple of the kids made as I talked about it (I just noticed that in 1884, George Eastman's name was misspelled and in 1900, they wrote, "not edible" after the Brownie camera HAHA!).

After discussing famous photos/photographers, I showed them LEGO re-creations by Balakov. Like this one from my favorite photographer Henri Cartier-Bresson. They seemed to enjoy it and I am glad. I was a little nervous before the presentation because when I was in middle school and I heard "history PowerPoint," I immediately checked out mentally. But with the use of Balakov's LEGO re-creations and a few of my corny jokes, it was fun for everyone.

Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment