Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 9


I solemnly swear that I am up to no good...


66 days until Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.


Not that I'm counting down or anything...


Last week, I went to visit my former journalism teacher in high school. I try to make it a habit to visit her often because Ms. T is nothing short of amazing. She was the person who introduced me to photography (upon our first meeting) by trusting me to photograph a swim meet with the school's Nikon D70. Luckily, I did not drop the camera into the water. Since then, I was a member of the Lancer and picked up a couple awards. More details on this story can be read here on my photography website.

As with all of my visits with Ms. T, we spent the time talking about what each other has been up to and my crazy antics. I mentioned to her that I had an interest in taking a film photography class next semester and she asked me if I had a camera. My response was "no." She directed me to a file cabinet with an unmarked box that contained a bunch of her old camera stuff. I pulled out a film camera body and she said she would let me play with it. She's the greatest.


I'm sure today's picture wasn't what she meant by "playing" with the film camera. But I couldn't resist myself. Anyone who knows me personally knows I absolutely LOVE the Harry Potter series and I LOVE Lego. Throw that into the equation with my passion for photography and the solution equals the above mentioned photo.

As much as I am against massive amounts of Photoshop in photographs, I took this photograph into Photoshop LightRoom and played with it a little. Just to make it look like an older film photograph. Thought I'd mix it up a little today.



Mischief Managed,


Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment