Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 23


Hello from the world famous Eastern Market in Detroit.

Though thoroughly exhausted from my trip this past weekend, I went down to The Market with my mom to meet her friend, Tom. He the owner of Ronnie's Meat, named after his father. Upon arrival to The Market, we were greeted by Ronnie, Tom's son who introduced me to his father. After walking around and looking at the wide selection of fresh meats, Tom introduced me to his father, Ronnie, the man who started it all. They were all really nice.

It was really interesting to see the store because it had so much history behind it. Old school black and white photographs lined the store's walls depicting the family behind it.

My mom and I walked around with Tom as he showed us more of his store and asked us what types of meat we liked. After we told him, he would tell his employee to put ____ pounds of ____ meat into a bag for us. We went home with a significant amount of fresh meat. It was very nice of them to do that for us.

I am very excited for the kebobs. Ronnie's Meats has three types of kebobs and they all looked delicious. I prefer chicken over red meat, so I am looking forward to having a barbecue tomorrow. It will be a special barbecue because a friend is flying in from Germany. Then the kebobs will be savored. I cannot wait.

Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment