Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 17


I used to be an avid reader when I was younger, but I've been so submersed in my text books that I have slightly neglected to read for fun.


The above photograph is one of my brother's favorite books. His friend recently came back from Germany and brought him the German version of the book. Super geil! haha. And I have a lot of friends in Germany who often read my blog, so maybe they'll enjoy a little bit of German on here.


Since my semester is over, my brother encouraged me to start reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (in English) in an attempt to get back into reading. I am enjoying the book so far and anticipate it can only get better. It makes me realize how much I have missed bringing the words on the page to life in my imagination. And it's a temporary escape from reality; sometimes I need that. I think everyone does.


I hope I can keep some time free in my schedule to continue reading. Something I intend to work on.



Let books be your dining table,
And you shall be full of delights
Let them be your mattress
And you shall sleep restful nights.
~Author Unknown



Bis Morgen,


Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment