Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 29


I photographed my first double-header baseball game today for the Detroit Tigers. As a matter of fact, it was my first double-header game period. It was a long 10-hour work day, but it was really fun.

I love working at the Tigers game because everyone is (usually) in a great mood and friendly. The staff of photographers and managers is full of such wonderful people who I truly enjoy working with. It makes long days like today very enjoyable.

Each time I work, I pass this statue of Ernie Harwell and cannot help but to return his wide smile back at him. Today, I noticed something at the statue's feet from far away. Thinking it was trash, I walked over to clear it, however, I quickly realized that it was memorial flowers for him. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted that to be my photograph for today because it represented my day at work and it was an incredibly thoughtful idea.

One shutter click later -- and we have today's photograph. Another memorial for Mr. Harwell.

Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment