Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 14


Lately I have not been listening to as much music as I normally do. Usually, when I get into my car, I select a song, then I am off. But nowadays, I find myself listening to NPR Radio and catching up on the news of the world.

While driving around during this rainy morning, a CD labeled "songs to review" fell from my sun visor. Curious of its contents, I popped it into the CD player and music filled the car. The CD was full of music that was sent to me by artists. I often get music via e-mail, mypace and twitter because I write about and review music for FanBolt; a great website. I have not written an article since December, which coincides with the time that I stopped really listening to music. 

It was nice to get back in touch with music. And I'm not talking about mainstream music...I'm talking about music from under-appreciated artists who compose music because they love it, not to please the masses. And no auto-tune. If I wanted to listen to auto-tune, I'd listen to a T-Pain record.

I will not be solely listening to music in lieu of NPR; I will try and find a happy balance between them.

So, for today's photograph, I let the rain fall on the CD that fell on my head. And I let the light capture the colors and reflections of the water droplets. All I did was push a button to release the shutter.

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable.” Aaron Copland


Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment