Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 21


Have you ever seen the White House at 6am? I have and now you have too.

The above photograph was taken after we arrived to Washington D.C. a lot earlier than we expected. Our hotel was not open at 5.30am for us to check in so we had to decide what to do. We drove around The District, parked and walked to some major sightseeing spots.


It was very nice because there were not a lot of people out and we were able to see the sights with ease.



This photograph is an HDR photo. I did not bracket my shot too much, because I do not like the "fakeness" of some HDR photos. But I do like capturing the different ranges of intensity levels.


My two friends and I had a great day. Being in D.C. at 6am was probably the best part of our day; though we had many great moments throughout the day. The weather was perfect and it was even better that we did not have to push and shove to get our pictures taken in front of the monuments. 


Later on in the day, we went for a swim in our hotel's pool, took a nap, went on a tour more monuments and retired early to our room. Other than my knee pain (from a previous hockey injury) from all the walking, I have no complaints about today. It was a fantastic day with my friends.


Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment