Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 8


Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there!


Today, I went to the Detroit Zoo (again), but this time, I went with my mother. Going to the zoo with my mom is always a wonderful experience. As a kid, I remember going there with her often. And now, being 22, it's still as magical as the first time. My Nikon DSLR replacing the juice box that was once in my hand. My mom told stories of when my brother and I were kids and our past experiences at the zoo.

I had a really great day with my mom. Especially since we work a lot, and I have school, we rarely get the opportunity to spend an entire day together. So it was a lovely change of pace. Our day was bestowed with great weather and homemade cheese filled crepes with a strawberry sauce and whip cream on top and other breakfast foods. Then we ventured off to the zoo and met my brother for a late lunch, coffee and dessert at an upscale Japanese restaurant where he is a chef. Unfortunately, he was working today, but we were able to spend a little time with him.



Today's photograph reminds me of "Lion King 1 1/2" where the meerkats sing "Dig A Tunnel" such a catchy song! Don't know what I'm talking about? Check out the video here on YouTube.


Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment