Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 157


Though it is the first week of October, I was a bit disappointed that it felt a little like summer today.

I am a fan of good weather, but not the 90º, "let's go to the beach" weather. But more of crisp, cool fall weather that is followed by the snow that blankets my Michigan Wonderland.

Now, because I spend way too much time procrastinating to social media sites, I saw my friend MB's facebook status state the she was mad because Mother Nature is catering to the summer people. And I could not have agreed more with her.

When I got home after my meeting, I was bummed to see that the sun was shining brightly and I was sweating. I was desperate for some sign of autumn. Then I saw the lone leaf on my front lawn. It was as if Mother Nature saw MB's status and sent me a sign. It is incredibly cheesy of me to say this, but I think to think Mother Nature was saying, Do not fear Kimmik; Autumn will come and you will have your Michigan Winterwonderland soon enough. So I decided to pick up the lonely leaf, and use it as today's photograph.

I hope to see more leaves fall to the ground to give this little guy some company.

Kimmik

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Kurt! Thought I'd bring out the sky a little and add a little vignette =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall as a rule...but this photo makes me LOVE LOVE LOVE fall. Good job as always Kimmik. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much =)
    Wish I knew who you were ;)

    ReplyDelete