Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 165


HOMERUN!

It was nearly Charlie's bedtime when I realized that I had not taken a photograph all day. The day flew by as I was busy doing several tasks amongst other things. When I told him about my dilemma at 8.30pm and he was playing "Squishie Baseball," a game he invented with his favorite little toys. He suggested that I take a photograph of him playing and as with most of his requests, I honored it.

At the time I took this photograph, I was so focused on getting a shot to pass off for today's post, I did not notice how much effort he put into his game board. Making stands for the spectators, dugouts, flags and a field. Not to mention he even wrote a National Anthem for the Squishies to sing before the first pitch. Maybe it was because he attended a Tigers baseball game last night with his dad. But regardless, he is such a creative little kid and if you have not guessed by now, I completely adore him. With some crayons, paper, scissors and glue, Charlie created a world that he escaped into.

When I was a kid, and even now, my escape was books. I loved spending countless hours reading about far away places and things that only existed in my mind. Regardless of my attempts, Charlie does not share my passion for reading. Though we are getting there, slow but steady. Even if he never gets there, as long as he keeps his incredible imagination and creates his own little escape from the world, I will be happy.

Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment