Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 111


Check out this little guy.

Before work, I went on a little photo adventure with my good friend and photographer, Dayna. It was not a lot of fun trekking through the muggy city with our heavy backpacks/camera bags stuck to our backs. Though it was fun; we made it fun. I believe that it does not matter what you are doing, as much as the company with whom you are with. Today was one of those examples. It 85ºF, muggy, hot and humid. We were sweating as we walked though Detroit's urban jungle and were packed in the People Mover like sardines in a can. But we found things to laugh about and had a super duper time. It is always a great time with her. She has such a heartwarming and caring personality while always carries a smile upon her face. Dayna is one cool cat.

This photograph was taken at the beginning of our journey. There is an abandoned lot where residents of a neighboring apartment building turned it into an urban farming site. It was fantastic to watch the site grow from one flower box to several. Each day, there are people outside tending to their crops and beautifying their part of the city. I think if everyone did something like this, Detroit would be really great again. I know one day it will be, I just hope to see it in my lifetime.

Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment