Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 102



Kiwi anyone?


Today my little one had a playdate with my friend's kids. The children were playing "restaurant" where one was a chef, one the waiter and one the customer. Saying it was trés cute would be an understatement.

From across the room, I heard something crinkle followed by a thump. Those two noises repeated about six times before I walked over there to see what mischief Katy had gotten into. T'was no mischief. Only Katy cutting velcro'ed together fruit with a wooden knife. 


It is very interesting how kids learn by watching. Shortly after sitting down at the "restaurant" table, Katy served me a plate of fruits and said, "Make sure you eat all of it! So you grow to be big and strong like mommy and daddy!" Those familiar words come out of my mouth each day. More than anything, I am glad that they stuck with her. 


Back on Day 12
 when my project was a wee little lad, I stated why I do not use faces for the photographs that appear on this website. And since Katy is the subject of both photographs, the answer remains the same, 


I do not show her face because it would not have the same affect on the photograph. Not knowing what she looks like (she's a very beautiful little girl) leaves the viewer to their imagination. And it also lets the viewer imagine themselves or someone they know as the one [in the photograph].


Kimmik

2 comments:

  1. Im enjoying your photo project very much. I read it everyday. You are an inspiring person and I hope to be as good of a photographer as you when Im older. Im 13 and I dont have a big camera. Just a little one.

    Do you have any tips for me as an inspiring photographer?

    Rachel

    p.s. I love the Harry Potter books too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rachel!

    Thank you so much for your complementing comment. It means a lot to me and I am glad you are enjoying my project. I am having tons of fun making it.

    The biggest tip I can give you is: Shoot. Shoot. Shoot. Keep taking photographs. Helmet Newton said "Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." So take a lot of photographs, look at them and analyze the things you did right and the things you did wrong. And try to figure out how to correct your mistakes. I am always reading photography books or looking up tutorials on YouTube. Check out those options.

    As for your camera. That is not an issue at the moment. You can still go out and have as much fun with a point-and-shoot camera as an expensive D-SLR. Why? Because as a photographer, you can make it fun.

    Start by photographing something you are comfortable with. Flowers, your pet, family members, or friends. See what types of shots you can take and be sure to experiment with angles and different functions of your camera. Do not be afraid to do something silly or make mistakes. Experience is the best way to learn =)

    I started out with a little point-and-shoot camera and started to really enjoy photography. Maybe by going out and shooting with your camera, your love for photography will grow.

    Any more questions, please feel free to ask. I would be happy to help.

    And as a fellow Harry Potter fan, I'll leave you with,

    Mischief Managed,

    Kimmik

    ReplyDelete