Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 44





"There will always be criticism. I just take it in stride, and at the end of the day, I know that it comes with the territory." - Michelle Obama

Like her or not...like her husband's politics or not, I like her quote. Though I refuse to speak about political beliefs, I enjoy quotes immensely. Sometimes, it does not matter who said the quote, depending on the context. I think in this case, it does not matter. Elmo from Sesame Street could have said it, and I still would have liked it.

The greatest thing about quotations is that you can find one to suit your current feelings and/or use one to explain emotions when your words are not enough.

While there will always be criticism in everything I do as a photographer, employee and person, I always try to take the good out of the bad. Because no one other than myself will ever be my biggest critic. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I wholeheartedly respect that. I really do. It is another one of those features that makes each individual so special. If we all agreed on the same thing, the world would be boring and indifferent.

I am happy to announce that my blog has reached over 1,600 views in 43 days! Unbelievable! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You really have no idea how much it means to me when I get messages saying how much people enjoy my project. It makes it that much more fun. I always like seeing where my "audience" is each week. This week my top five largest audiences are (in order from first to fifth) the U.S., Germany, Australia, Croatia and Canada. That is so cool! Especially Croatia! I do not know anyone from Croatia!!! Special shout out to you! 

Regardless of where you come from, I am so thankful that you come and visit my 365 project and hope you continue to.

Okay -- on to today's photograph! I heard of Pyrat Rum for the first time today. Fuat bought it to give to my mom's friend Eddie. He always has us over for barbecues and the food is nothing less than fantastic. Eddie enjoys good rum, and my mother enjoys a good wine. So Fuat got the rum, I got the wine. It was a nice little present to give them. We had a great dinner and nice conversations. Now I am exhausted from today and know I will be the same tomorrow when I wake up. I expect it to be another long day -- nevertheless, I am up for the challenge. 

"No matter who says what, you should accept it with a smile and do your own work." -Mother Teresa

Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment