Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 57


I had a great weekend with even better friends.

This weekend, Fuat and I traveled about two hours north of Detroit to spend the weekend at my hockey teammate's cabin. Saying it was a lot of fun would be an understatement. It was fantastic to spend time with outstanding friends who are truly inspiring to me. 

My hockey team is comprised women who are a little older than me. I am the youngest one on the team, but as most people usually say, "age is nothing but a number." And it is very true because I rarely think about that. The only time I think about my age is when my teammates discuss their prominent careers. I guess I would say I am a little bit envious when I hear about them, but then again, I remember that I'm only 22 and still in school. But the great thing about that, is that it gives me something to aspire to.

One quote I really believe in and try to apply to my life come from the one an only Oprah Winfrey: Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher. Because I know that if I am around positive and successful people, they will inspire and believe in me. And that is exactly what my team is made of. They probably do not know it, but they are such inspiring people to me and great role models. It feels even better to have them to call my friends.

Last year was my first year on the team, but they made me feel welcome and a part of their Team ICES family. I am very fortunate to be surrounded of such a great group of women. I cannot wait for our next season to start back up in the fall. 

Today's photograph is of the Michigan Central Station in Detroit. Its last train departed the depot 23 years ago on January 5, 1988. It has been an example of Detroit's urban decay ever since. It is extremely sad to see a building in ruins that is so beautiful. I would love to be able to get inside of it to snap some photographs, but there are police and customs police who are often circling the building. But this person on youtube was able to get some good shots of the old train station

Until tomorrow,

Kimmik

1 comment:

  1. You are truly an amazing photographer and person! I miss you.

    ReplyDelete