Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 48




A newspaper is lumber made malleable. It is ink made into words and pictures. It is conceived, born, grows up and dies of old age in a day. -Jim Bishop


After eating a great lunch at PizzaPapalis downtown, Fuat and I decided to go around the city for a little bit. We traveled with the Detroit People Mover, our source of transportation in the city. At one stop, there were four younger kids that entered the People Mover with their mother. The kids were very excited to go for a ride and saw it as more of an attraction rather than just a form of transportation. Fuat asked me if it was something special if we ride the People Mover and in a way it is. The more I thought about it, it is something special to ride it because we do not have many means of public transportion. 


I think that is a say thing to think, but it is the truth. I love my city, but Detroit is not really a place to go and spend the entire day there. People usually go down there for something specific then leave. I mean, you could spend the whole day down there if you really want to, but I think that is rare.


I like this photograph because I really like listening and reading the news. Right out of high school, I wanted nothing more than to be a journalism/photojournalism major. But that changed after a couple years of college; I realized that there were not many journalism jobs available and I knew I was not going to work for the New York Times right out of college. There was no way. So I changed my major to physical therapy (my original plan during 10th grade) and that is what it will stay. I cannot wait to get going with that, though I know it will take a while.

I think I am up for the challenge.



Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment