Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 58


Detroit, concrete jungles where dreams are made of, there's nothing you can't do.


I am aware that those lyrics are from Jay-Z and Alicia Keys' "Empire State of Mind" but I like to apply them to my hometown.

After running some errands, we went to eat at Lafayette Coney Island, one of the original Coney Island restaurants in Michigan. It was delicious. After lunch, on our way back home, I took out my camera to get a few photographs of the city scape. I figure since yesterday's post was about urban decay, today can be its opposite. The buildings seen on the left are the Hammond Building and the Guardian Building (red). On the right stands the Buhl Building and a little bit of the Ford Building. For more information on the buildings of Detroit, visit this great website.



I know Detroit does not have the hustle and bustle of New York, or the glamor of L.A., but those are the reasons why I love it. The commercial that Chrysler came up with for the Super Bowl is probably one of my favorites.


I'm proud to be imported from Detroit.


Kimmik

No comments:

Post a Comment